While touring Sparkle Girl’s Life’s blog hop, I came across an interesting post by Beautiful Kayekie in which she challenged herself to a 60-day buying ban. At first, I admired her, because I knew I could never go two months without buying a beauty product. But the more I thought about it, the more I welcomed the challenge.
I spend a lot of money (and time) on beauty shopping. I have more makeup than I could ever use, and it lies neglected in my vanity for months on end. I’ll admit I’ve gotten a little out of control, and it’s time to pull in the reins. I’m hopping on the buying ban bandwagon!
My rules are similar to Kayekie’s:
- No beauty purchases for 60 days – including hair styling products, nail polish, skin care, makeup, or freebies.
- Refills on my existing daily use products are acceptable (moisturizer, cleansers, primer).
- One week of hogwild buying freedom, starting today, before the ban begins. I’M ONLY HUMAN.
- Birchbox doesn’t count as a purchase, since it’s a subscription and I’ve already paid for it.
- I’m free to add to a wish list, play with makeup in stores, and daydream about shopping as necessary.
Here we go.
I’m planning to pick up the Urban Decay Naked palettes this week, while I still can. I’ve had them on the back burner for a while, and I know they’ll keep my attention while I’m “fasting”.
If you had one week left before a ban, what would you stock up on?